Slido, now part of Cisco, is the industry-leading audience interaction platform. It helps users to get the most out of meetings and events by crowdsourcing top questions and engaging participants with live polls and quizzes.Apply now
You'll be redirected to our candidate portal
Slido is honored to work with many great companies across the globe (including multiple Fortune 500 companies) and many of our customers deeply care about the legal side of the deal before they engage with a new vendor. We seek to provide the best possible experience in every part of what we do.
If you are a lawyer with at least 3 years of experience and eager to help us grow a legal practice able to demonstrate we can hold our ground even against the most challenging requirements of our global clients, we will be very pleased to welcome you in our team. You will report directly to our Legal Director and will also gain a unique opportunity to support other business units within the Cisco group (Webex, Socio, IMI and others).
- Take part in legal negotiations with customers, vendors and partners
- Support other departments and Cisco business units with their legally related matters
- Maintain and improve our legal templates and processes
- Identify repeating requirements of customers and communicate them to leadership
- Follow changes in the legal landscape on a global basis
- Monitor new applicable legislation and ensure its implementation, including proposing measures to reduce any potential risks arising from such a change
- Provide support to senior members of the team
- Deliver trainings
- Support internal and external audits and efforts to obtain and maintain certifications
A “can-do” attitude and the dedication to find opportunities for positive change are important, so are attention to detail and willingness to articulate reasons for making a particular decision.
Your excellent verbal and written communication in English, negotiation and persuasion skills with strong orientation towards crossing the finish line will be very useful.
- A law degree from a reputable institution
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience (both in-house and law firm practice are eligible)
- Proven experience with commercial, privacy (data protection) and contract law
- Knowledge of and experience with EU privacy and data protection laws, regulations (incl. GDPR) is a big plus
- Direct experience with IT/Tech industry is a big plus
- Curious about the latest legal landscape development even outside of the local framework
- Motivated to help others, reliable and trustworthy
- Able to stay calm and focused even under pressure
- You never stop thinking about how to make things better
- Direct experience with common law is an advantage
- Direct experience with compliance audits and related certifications such as ISO, SOC2 etc. is a big plus
Why join us?
- We are a team of 200+ people who are passionate about what they do and care about each other working under Slido CEO, Peter Komornik, who has been named the Businessperson of the Year by Forbes Slovensko in 2021
- We fully support remote work (no mandate for time in office) so you will be getting a brand new MacBook or PC with access to procurement portal for work supplies, as needed
- We offer additional days of vacation and we also provide a “Day for Me” so you can take a day off for yourself to recharge plus an extra day off for your birthday, as well as several days of “Time 2 Give” that our employees often use to give back to their communities or help nonprofits based on their own choosing
- We provide annual bonuses and you will be eligible to participate in Cisco’s stock-option plan
- You will have the option to work in the Slido HQ in Bratislava with free refreshments during the day, but also have access to any Cisco office world-wide
- We love biking, running, and hiking so feel free to join our own Slido sports team called “Tu ma bolí”. We also have our very own Slido music band and book club with free book allowance
Read more about Cisco benefits here:
Salary *for Slovakia only: starting from EUR 2200
(our Legal team is based in Bratislava, however, we are open to talent in other locations, too 🙂 )