Slido, now part of Cisco, is the industry-leading audience interaction platform. It helps users to get the most out of meetings and events by crowdsourcing top questions and engaging participants with live polls and quizzes.Apply now
You'll be redirected to our candidate portal
Our team is passionate about up-to-date technologies and is striving to build a world-class product. We’re looking for a motivated developer who will own the architecture and development of an end-to-end solution to one of our technical projects.
What will you be doing:
You will be working as part of our data team / product or platform team as a regular team member taking full ownership of your project end to end.
- Automate ‘Boring Stuff’ – Migration and automation of data between the CRM system and a Data Warehouse (DWH). The project involves automating exchange rate conversions and streamlining data management.
- Predict the future – Designing a predictive model using machine learning to forecast financial and operational metrics. The project will require collecting and cleaning historical data, training the model, and evaluating its performance using appropriate metrics in order to enable better decision-making.
- Analytics Insights – Helping our Sales, Finance & Marketing team driving analytics insights and managing our data infrastructure.
- Additionally, You will be invited to take part in our hackathon, dev stormings, regular team stand ups and team building activities
Who we are looking for:
- Students in final or penultimate years of Bachelors/ Masters in Computer Science or Engineering or related field.
- You enjoy solving new technical challenges and possess a sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Databases.
- You have a passion for coding and strive to write quality code, preferably in Python
- You like data, processing them and getting insights ideally in SQL
- The candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
- Experience or interest in distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, machine learning and applications of linear algebra
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Previous technical internship(s) preferred
Note: This is a fully paid internship running for 3 months between July 2023 – September 2023, depending on the availability of participants.
Closing Date: Friday, March 31, 2023
Hourly rate (gross): 10 € (for Slovakia)
Why join us?
Slido is a team of 270+ people who are passionate about what we do and care about each other. You’ll have a real impact on an extraordinary product being used by thousands of people globally.
We are a company that is strongly led by our values and believe in a culture of freedom and responsibility for our people, which is why we support a fully remote or hybrid work setup.
Slido / Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Message to applicants applying to work in the U.S.:
When available, the salary range posted for this position reflects the projected hiring range for new hire salaries in U.S. locations. For non-sales roles, the hiring ranges reflect base salary and do not include bonuses, equity, or benefits. Hiring ranges for sales positions include base and incentive target, and do not include equity or benefits. Individual pay is determined by the candidate’s hiring location and additional factors, including but not limited to skillset, experience, and relevant education, certifications or training. Applicants may not be eligible for the full salary range based on their U.S. hiring location. The recruiter can share more details about compensation for the role in your location during the hiring process.