Slido, now part of Cisco, is the industry-leading audience interaction platform. It helps users to get the most out of meetings and events by crowdsourcing top questions and engaging participants with live polls and quizzes.Apply now
You'll be redirected to our candidate portal
Our team is passionate about up-to-date technologies and is striving to build a world-class product. We’re looking for a motivated developer who will own the architecture and development of an end-to-end solution to one of our technical projects.
Examples of projects you could work on:
- Engineering KPIs – Fully automate all eng KPIs collection, calculation and visualization
- Wysiwyg editor for the marketing – We do not have a cms yet, but in summer we plan to have one. However it would be more convenient to edit the content on HP using wysiwyg editor, eg: https://tina.io/docs/, https://redwoodjs.com/. An intern could get hands on implementing the yet experimental tools (not v1 yet) to our infrastructure
- Slido analytics – to be specified
- Ultimate presentation experience – Help us build the ultimate presentation experience. You will learn about .NET, C++, Microsoft Office internals and some low level code
- Meeting fun indicator – Indicate how many participants are currently interacting with Slido and how much fun they are having by making use of our new live data streams and displaying them as gauges
- Same emojis on all devices – Last year we added support for emojis in polls, but in the current implementation we use emojis provided by the operating system. Help us make participant experience more consistent by having the same emojis across all devices
- New poll results visualization – Play around with various data visualizations of our polls. Some types of data representation are more suitable for different data analysis than others. Currently we can show the data in a form of bars, but there are other options. What about showing inputs from participants in a form of pie chart or histogram?
- Better wordcloud – Wordcloud is one of our most used poll types and we have a lot of wordcloud related feedback from customers to process. For example make the visuals of wordcloud consistent across all apps, improve styles, add animations, colors, etc. Be part of the process of figuring out what we should implement and do it!
- Slido Integrations – Help the integrations team to work on either Webex integration or do POC of integration with other products where it makes sense.
Who we are looking for:
- Candidates pursuing Bachelors/ Masters in Computer Science or Engineering or related field.
- You enjoy solving new technical challenges and possess a sound understanding of areas in the basic areas of Computer Science such as Algorithms, Data Structures, Databases.
- The candidate must have good written and oral communication skills, be a fast learner and have the ability to adapt quickly to a fast-paced development environment.
- Passion for coding
- Experience or interest in distributed (multi-tiered) systems, algorithms, machine learning and applications of linear algebra
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Deal well with ambiguous/undefined problems; ability to think abstractly
- Previous technical internship(s) preferred
Why join us?
Slido is a team of 270+ people who are passionate about what we do and care about each other. You have the opportunity to work on things that have a real impact and are being used by thousands of people around the world. Be part of the team that is building an extraordinary product!
We are a company that is strongly led by our values and believe in a culture freedom and responsibility for our people, which is why we support a fully remote or hybrid work setup.
Slido / Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Hourly rate (gross): 10 € (for Slovakia)