Make your opening remarks, speaker intros or closing sessions fun. Use an icebreaker poll or a quiz to cheer people up or to discover the participants’ expectations. To end your session on a high note, make use of a live quiz to recap the main lessons your participants learned.
How can you do this?
- Prepare the polls or quiz polls in advance
- Activate the poll
- Introduce the poll question and the options
- Invite the audience to send their votes
- a) Comment on the poll results and set the correct answer in a wider context
b) When using a quiz, display the leaderboard in the end and announce the winners.
- Open text
- Using one word, what do you expect to get out of this event?
- What are two or three main insights you would like to take away from today?
- Multiple choice
- If age is only a state of mind, which category best describes YOUR state of mind right now?
a) Cheeky child
b) Tormented teenager
c) Mad mid-lifer
d) Groovy grandparent
- Who was the headliner of the last year’s conference?
a) Simon Sinek
b) Elon Musk
c) Michelle Obama
- Which city hosted the conference in its first year?
b) Sao Paulo